Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Madison's 1st Birthday

I started a tradition where I write a poem for my niece and nephews (Luke, I wrote yours, I just need to send it to you) when each turned a year old. Now, it's my daughter's turn, and I can't believe she is already a year old. So here it is:


May you always be surprised
with "ooos" and "oohhs"
through the chapters
you will travel

May your laugh be
just as infectious
over silly dances
and offbeat songs
Remeber
there was a dog
who had a name

May you get beside yourself
with flailing arms and feet
at the sight of your
favorite people
(even if you don't call us by
name and when I say us, I
mean me)

May you continue to find excitement
in touchdowns, Christmas lights, and
pushing the shopping cart of
your life
no matter what's thrown in
your basktet

Remember
Monster trucks
are for girls too
People will love you
for who you already are
and
Reading does make you
smarter

You
are one of my favorite people
I love you and will love you
Always
From the second you were born
I knew the word
unconditional
Happy Birthday
My Sweet Girl

2 comments: