Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Read Read Read

With school starting in late August, my one mantra is to read. Some of my students come in with the most famous phrase of all "I hate reading." I try to remind them that maybe you don't like what you are reading instead of all reading. I repeat this over and over, and I know they get tired. In fact I get tired of saying the same thing over and over, but not tired enough to stop nagging them. I find it so refreshing to read to a kid that actually likes reading. True, she is only a year old, but she oooos and ohs as she flips through her books, as if she hasn't see them a hundred times before. Madison loves books. She will sit down and flip through a book (upside down) for minutes. Way to go Madison!


Thanks Aunt Marline for all my great books!



What is Madeline going to do next?


2 comments:

  1. It looks like she is REALLY reading!!! Hahaha...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What focus! So sweet to see her "reading" a picture to be remembered! Glad you like the books:)

    ReplyDelete