Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a white Christmas this year, and Madison wasn't the only one who had fun in the snow. I made it my mission to make a snowman in Texas, and being the first actual snowman that I attempted to make, I based my construction off of what I saw on T.V. Wrong! I'm not sure that angry words and flinging snow are part of the Christmas spirit, but I soon found out that
1. There is no such thing as rolling snow to make a spherical shape. 2. People will report suspicious activity when they spot a hunched over hooded person at 11 p.m. Christmas Eve, and 3. Making a snowman shouldn't take three hours, but it did. Regardless, it was well worth the effort, and it left me feeling that I might have acquired a minute portion of the family engineering gene...or maybe not. This was also Madison's first visit with Santa. She didn't cry, but was definitely perplexed. Way to go!

Enjoying some snow


Covered the front yard



Only a day before the snow


Here, sit with this stranger


Santa and Madison


Mr. Snowman








1 comment:

  1. Love that post! You have the sweetest family and such a precious life there in TX.

    ReplyDelete